Five Ways To Improve Brain Function And Health
Many of us live a fast paced life with little to no time to relax. When we do find time to relax, it might often involve mindlessly social activities like watching television, scrolling through our Facebook news-feed or even taking a selfie to share on social media. The lives we lead often put us in a mental fog, where we forget to exercise our brains. This mental fog is hard to get rid of, but below we have identified five ways to improve your brain function.
1. Exercise. Exercising increases blood-flow to all parts of your body, including your brain. Regular exercise is a good way to maintain mental health, and clear your mind. If you are having a mental block exercising is a good way to take a break from what you are doing and will help to clear the block.
2. Create Something. Whether is be painting, building, or writing, being creative stimulates your brain. It is also a way for you to do something that is separate from your work or busy life, and sets aside a time for you do to something you truly enjoy.
3. Meditate. Meditating is a great way to clear your mind and synthesize all the events that occurred throughout your day. Reflecting on your day helps you to organize and make sense of the things happening in your life.
4. Get some sleep. Sleep is our brain’s way of taking a break and organizing all the stimulus it encounters during the day. If you are not getting enough sleep you are depriving your brain of the necessary tools it needs to properly function.
5. Be Nice. Being nice to others increases confidence and positive feelings. When you feel good about yourself, you are more likely to feel a sense of “mind clarity”. When you treat people poorly, you will tend to have more negative feelings and experience low moods. Take the time to be nice to others and it will surely pay off.
How do you exercise your brain and clear mind fog? Let me know in the comments below or find me on Twitter @whatsthesich