Top 5 Boutiques to Shop in Montreal
Have you been to Montreal, or are planning to visit sometime in the future? This is the perfect time to visit on a budget. Montreal is the second largest city in Canada and is only second to Paris as the largest French speaking city in the world. There are a lot of fun things to do in Montreal, including going on museum tours, sightseeing tours, and a visit to old Montreal.
For the fashion conscious visitors, we recommend taking the Montreal Shopping Tours, which will take you to the best shops in Montreal — effectively eliminating the confusion you experience when you are in a foreign city.
Montreal is the most stylish city in Canada, boasting fashion-forward boutiques and malls. According to Karan Smith of The Globe and Mail, here are the top five chicest boutiques you can shop at while in Montreal.
1. Quai 417 – This boutique is located in the heart of Old Montreal; it carries home decor, accessories, and ready-to-wear collections for men and women by local and international designers.
2. Cahier d’Exercices – Also located in Old Montreal, it carries a mix of eclectic and avant garde collections from mostly international designers. You can find designs by Stella McCartney, Jil Sander, Balenciaga, and Celine. The designs chosen for showcase in the boutique are hand picked by the owner.
3. Reborn – Opened in June 2005 and also located in the heart of Old Montreal, this boutique has a unique collection of men’s and women’s designs and accessories by internationally acclaimed designers and also Canadian designers.
4. Unicorn Boutique – Unlike the other boutiques, Unicorn Boutique carries a lot of Canadian designers — especially those from Montreal, such as Eve Gravel, Covet, Melissa Nepton, Travis Taddeo, Valerie Dumaine, and Barilà.
5. Une Île en Amérique – Located at Laurier West, this chic boutique has clothing, accessories, jewelries, artwork, and furnitures. Designers showcased include Comrags, Arthur Mendoça, Joeffer Caoc, Denis Gagnon, and Marie Saint Pierre.
Do you see yourself shopping in any of these boutiques? Share your opinions with us below or tweet me @LindaAmaechi