#MUIcares: ThinkPink! cookies for cancer research
We’re still celebrating women’s health this month by spreading the word about early detection, regular check-ups, and open conversations about breast cancer with the women in your life using the hashtag #MUIcares!
This week, we’ll be baking pink chocolate chip cookies to package up and give away to our favorite lady friends. You can use this recipe, too, and give them as cute gifts to remind the important women in your life to get to their doctor for their regular check-ups. If you’re really feeling like Julia Child, you can whip up a few more batches and hold a bake sale for cancer research, and send the donations to the breast cancer research organization of your choice.
Really, this recipe could not be simpler. We like to start with basic recipes like this, so you can build and manipulate it in all kinds of ways. You don’t like chocolate chips? Toss ‘em! You want to add tons of walnuts? You go, girlfriend. These cookies are easy to whip up and change to find everyone’s sweet spot.
#MUIcares ThinkPink! Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 2 egg whites (the dough will be orange, if you don’t remove the yolks!)
- Red food coloring, approx. 12-14 drops
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cookie mix. Add powdered sugar and flour, then mix until well blended and crumbs are fine.
- Add egg whites, then mix until fully incorporated and dough is sticky.
- Add food coloring, mixing drops in until the desired pinkness has been achieved.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, then bake for 10 minutes. The cookies should be set but not brown.
- Remove and allow cookie sheet to cool for 2 minutes before moving cookies to cooking rack.
It’s as easy as that! Do you have any drool-worthy sweets that you might be able to pink-ify for a breast cancer awareness bake sale? Let us know on social media with the hashtag #MUIcares! You can find me on Twitter @TiffaniJPurdy